Wednesday 20 September 2017

Shimmer tags

 Hello friends,

Today I have a set of tags on the blog today. I am sharing a tutorial of these tags.


 Here's a look at them.


To begin with, I took white coloured ready tags...You can even cut them from a white CS.

Take the tag, secure it on the table with washi tape. Secure the stencil over the tag with washi tape. Take sufficient shimmer paste (Separate stencil and shimmer paste for each tag) and evenly spread it across/through the stencil. 


Repeat the same for all the three tags. After applying a generous layer of the shimmer paste, I let it air-dry. (You can heat-set it) 


Once dry I sprayed two of the tag with the coordinating shimmer sprays from my DT kit. (Spray each separately)
The shimmer pastes and shimmer sprays are extremely versatile and beautiful in itself.


For the third tag, I coloured the background using distress ink. 
(Applying DI on the craft mat and picking up the colour with water brush) 


Let the tags dry again


Next, I started layering the tags with pollens and lots of flowers.


I tried to use the matching coloured flowers and pollens for each tag.


I stamped a sentiment for each tag from the stamp sets and mounted them on the tag using foam adhesive. I tied twines along with coordinating ribbon through the punched hole. Lastly added matching sequins to add some elements. 

Here's few more pictures of the tags








It was really exciting playing with the shimmer pastes and the shimmer sprays. 
To buy these shimmer sprays and shimmer pastes hop over CraftyScrappers.
Can you tell me which tag is your favourite?
Do leave your feedback in the comments section. 

Love to hear from you. 
Linking to the following challenges
Simonsaystamps - Monday challenge - Shimmer and Shine

No comments:

Post a Comment